The students from Taska and Tadika Sri Kandi performed at our annual Graduation concert on 24th October 2010, held at Putera Theatre Ballroom. Our annual concert showcases dance and singing performances from all our students, and the presentation of graduation certificates for the kindergarten students who have completed their final preschool year.
- YB Tan Sri Bernard Dompok – Minister of Plantation, Industry and Commodity.
- Mr Gaffar Wong – Sektor Pendidikan Swasta dan Pendidkan Khas.
- Ms Mary Kiob – President Persatuan Perkhimatan Taman Asuhan Kanak-kanak Sabah.
- Datin Rahimah Quadra – former head of Tadika Permai Ria.
All students from Sri Kandi, Penampang and Iramanis came on on stage to sing the national anthem, followed by childrens’ nursery songs.
- Welcome speech by our president – Mdm Leong Fei Yeen
- Speech by our guest of honour – YB Tan Sri Bernard Dompok
- Official launch of our website – YB Tan Sri Bernard Dompok and Mdm Leong
When the speeches were over, it was time to showcase the talents from our students. These performances are singing and dance performances from all the students of Sri Kandi, of all ages. They have worked so hard throughout the week to ensure they gave their best performance. All the parents and teachers are so proud of these amazing children.
- Rasa Sayang by Sri Kandi, Iramanis.
- Jump Up by Sri Kandi, Penampang.
- Hu Gui Po by Sri Kandi, Penampang.
- Macarena by Sri Kandi, Iramanis.
- Nobody, Nobody by Sri Kandi, Penampang.
- Waka Waka by Sri Kandi, Iramanis.
- We Are The One by Sri Kandi, Penampang.
- Dikir Puteri by Sri Kandi, Iramanis.
- Oh Carol by Sri Kandi, Penampang.
- Love In The First Degree by Sri Kandi, Penampang.
Many of the performances thrilled the audience and it was great to see our students enjoy performing on the stage.
After the performances, all the graduates for 2010 took to the stage in their ceremonial robes to receive their certificates. The certificates were presented to the students by Ms Low Yih Jie, President of Persatuan Tadika Sabah, accompanied by Mdm Leong, President of Sri Kandi kindergarten.
When the students have received their certificates, 3 students were elected to give their graduation speech:
- Juanitha Galawis in English
- Joan Chai Wan Ying in Chinese
- Samual Sam Siowou in Malay
Finally, all the students took to the stage for the last time to perform Auld Lang Syne. We wish our graduates of 2010 all the best for their future. It has been a privilege to have taught them in their preschool years.
Many people contributed to the success of this concert, from the students themselves to their parents, friends and teachers of Taska and Tadika Sri Kandi. This also includes the Master of Ceremony – Ms Angeline, the DJ at Putera – Mr Victor, the professional photographer – Mr Ricky, our webmaster – Adrian Lee, and our video man.
Our appreciation to our guests of honour for attending our annual dinner, and parents who attended the concert to show their support. The teachers who put in the time and effort to prepare our students. Our President, Mdm Leong who made sure everything was organized and got everybody involved. And to the students, who were the ones on stage to make it all happen.
All the professional photographs and video will be available for students and parents.